Public Service Announcement about Depression

In my e- Comm class we're assigned the project of creating a PSA. Over the summer I had been thinking about what I would do if I had to film this project in the upcoming year, and came in prepared.
I had seen a video made by a YouTuber named Hank Green called 47 YouTubers Laugh Without Smiling. After watching this I became cheerful and enjoyed how it made the viewers happy. I wanted to make my viewers happy as well and always remembered this videos. 
I decided to focus on depression because it is an important matter to me, but I believe that the target audience doesn't need to watch a sad video. Because of this I choose to attempt to go through with creating the video that I had seen that Youtuber made.

My group assembled and talked about what should be done to create a PSA and I told them about this. They took it from their and we went to work. 
I became the director because I had presented the idea and wanted to see it come through the best and then other jobs were given out. Most of our group filmed and edited. In class we needed to assigned each person a role but our group didn't need to do that. Jobs were not something that needed to be assigned because groups would go out recording with different members. I understand that it was a way to make sure no one did nothing but that wasn't our problem. Each person created their own outline of an edit. Then we took what we liked out of each persons video and combined it together; making our final product.

If I had to do anything differently I might try to address the problem of depression at the beginning, record the voiceover with a camera, and get more people's reactions. Over all though this video was a susses. The lighting was good, the audio was well adjusted and could be heard, the music added to the video, and our team worked well together.

Comments

Popular Posts