MX4D

MX4D is a new style of movie watching that is being placed into theaters in order to get more people to leave their houses. Across the United States, their are five theaters that have this technology. Two are in California, another two are in the New England area, and one is in Shawnee, Kansas. This movie watching experience uses additional smells, like mulch and whiskey, along with wind, and water to enhance a viewers experiences.

I was watching Justice League for the first time while test running this style of movie watching. The first oppression of it was interesting. The first fight scene that happened in the movie had more movement than the others because they are trying to introduce the viewers to the experience of 4D. It had jostling movement that became an easy distraction from the film. The whole experience was distracting. The smells that filled the theater gave me a headache. They need to get smells that aren't as harsh to your senses. Next, the movement would bang me against my seat several times. It took me out of the film because I would have to focus on attempting to stay in my seat instead of concentration on the movie's actions instead. Another problem for me was the fact that I wouldn't know when the water would shoot out at me so I would be cautious about that instead of paying attention to the movie. I am hesitant to say that this will become a key part of movie theaters. One reason is that I believe it took me away from the experience, but also it is something that would be the next step in advancing technology for experiencing movies. It made me want to leave the theater.



******* SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE JUSTICE LEAGUE *********
Overall this film followed in the footsteps of my option of the 4D technology. As a forewarning, I have not seen Dawn of Justice, but then again it was made by DC. Let's talk about jokes first. I believe that it is not always a good thing to have one person be the jokester. When a character is not fully developed it creates a conflict. It makes me expect a joke out of them and nothing more. It hinders the development of their character. I did however like Alfred's continuous joke Diana's and Bruce's relationship. But I think I was okay with that because he was not an influential person, but instead, someone who comes in to help when they need it.
They introduced three new characters to their universe but didn't spend the time to create their personalities. They used the times the characters first meet in the trailer so I was expecting something else to bring them together. I felt like the only time that it had this cruel part of the story was when Aqua-man was sitting on Wonder Women's Wipe.
Another part that was a disappointment to the movie was that the three boxes had to be brought together to bring about the Mother. The League was trying to prevent that from happening. I understand that, but the thing is that made the villain not the most treating part of the problem. The way the screen writes wrote the ending made me believe that they had to end the movie. Just end it. The smell of fear. Like what are you talking about? That guy was in apart of the same team the eventually ended him.
Next when the edit keeps showing us a view of a family living at the center of the place facing the threat it tried to create a personal connection. However, after the flash saves them the next shot is Superman flying a while building to safety. That just compromised the interpoint of showing a specific family.
I also have to mention that the editing team loved to slow down the actions of their characters. It felt like half the movie was in the slow mow. Some of it was needed it created an emotion or was part of the flashes abilities, but not all of it.
Finally, the last major problem that I had was the fact that it wasn't really a surprise that Superman woke up. It's in superhero shows to never let a character die, so let's move on from it.
However, with all my criticism of this film, I have to give mention to the music that was added to the movie. It added to the viewing and they completed their jobs well over the rest of the crew.

Comments

Popular Posts