The Sailboat

In Graphic Design today we made a bottle and had to label it. For the name I called it THE SAILBOAT because it reminds me of when I was little and my dad asked me to come up with a name for the wine he was making. When I asked him what it was he said "Port." Me being five came up with the idea of naming it Port because that's where boats go and the word could be used twice.

Now ten years letter when faced with what to name a bottle which looks like a wine bottle, I was drawn back to that memory instantly. Instead of naming it Port I named it THE SAILBOAT because it's a boat that could be seen at a port and can be a play on words.

If I had to redo this project I would change the label outline and make it a sailboat and put the name on the side of the boat to give the image of the name of the boat. I did not do this because the sailboat was an after thought and the original label was shown for me as a how to.

Comments

Popular Posts